The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE) is a group of eminent HVAC&R professionals. Student activities form an important part of ISHRAE’s aims & objectives. A Non-profitable organization, affiliated to Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE). ISHRAE FISAT currently consists of a 45 member team consisting of dedicated student members and continues to grow day by day, engaging in activities which involve in depth coverage of various industrial practices in the HVAC&R sector. ISHRAE FISAT is the third international student organization in the Mechanical Engineering Department of FISAT.
Engineering a sustainable future
Heating Ventilation, Air conditioning & Refrigeration ( HVAC&R ) – The Hi-Growth Industry
HVAC&R is an integral part of practically every industry. It is difficult to witness many applications without use of HVAC&R. HVAC&R is no longer a luxury and is a part and parcel of modernized urban living. Currently the Indian HVAC industry is more than Rs. 25.000 crores strong and the Indian Refrigeration & Cold Chain industry is even bigger. Further HVAC&R Industry is poised to have an exponential growth and requires huge skilled manpower at all levels, under multiple disciplines. The rapid urbanization along with strong infrastructural development will continue to propel the demand. This industry has a major role to play in some of the most important aspects affecting human lives such as Environmental protection, Energy conservation, Indoor Environment Quality & Food preservation
Benefit to Students
- Student Membership of one of the vibrant professional bodies.
- Access to ISHRAE e-Journal, covering lot of technical articles.
- Participation in National level Quiz and Design Competitions.
- lnteraction with Industry professionals ( Networking ).
- Discounts on ISHRAE Books & local ISHRAE Chapter.
- Career Guidance & opportunities.
- Grants available to conduct Research Projects.
Benefits to Institute & Faculty
- Interaction with a vibrant professional Society.
- Helps groom leadership among their students.
- Opportunity to establish Academia-Industry cooperation.
- Develop a competitive edge over other Institutes.
- Offering Adds to College image by facilitating placement.
- Better chance of getting good grades during AICTE-NBA.
- One Faculty Advisor gets complimentary ISHRAE.