The American Society of Mechanical Engineers or ASME is a not-for-profit membership organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, career enrichment, and skills development across all engineering disciplines, toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods.
The American Society of Mechanical Engineers is a professional association that, in its own words, “promotes the art, science, and practice of multidisciplinary engineering and allied sciences around …
To serve diverse global communities by advancing, disseminating and applying engineering knowledge for improving the quality of life; and communicating the excitement of engineering
About ASME FISAT
ASME FISAT Student Section began its journey in 2015 and the chapter went on to win the “Outstanding Student Section Award Less than 3 Years” in 2016 just one year after its inception. Ever since its running start, the office bearers have worked tirelessly to make sure that the chapter never lags behind in any aspect. By quickly adapting to the changing scenarios the chapter has kept reaching towards greater heights. With each committee leaving a big shoe to fill for the next, the fourth official committee envisaged an online platform that celebrates all previous achievements and all the subsequent ones.
The members of the chapter strive to create an environment of knowledge sharing and learning in the campus. The chapter believes in growing together as a student section and as future engineers. Students from the chapter have represented the section in various stages across the globe. The chapter hosted Student Led Design Conference (SLDC) Zone 8 in 2015. The chapter has also conducted AEGIS 2015, Autocalypto 2016, several talks, workshops, social welfare drives, induction programmes, and mentoring sessions over the years.
- Since its inception, ASME FISAT has organized a number of workshops, college-level competitions, tech talks, orientation programs etc.
- The student chapter and its members have performed exceptionally well in various endeavors of ASME like the Student Professional Development Conference 2015, 2016 (SPDC), Student Led Design Conference (SLDC), EFest 2017, and IMECE.
- The Chapter won the “Outstanding Student Section Award Less than 3 Years” in 2016.
- The SDC team from FISAT came in second place, the HPVC team finished in the 31st position, The IAM3D team also did quite well in the EFest 2017.
- Mr. Jithu Paulose the Ex-Chairman of the Chapter went on to become a Charles T. Main Award laureate.
- Inducted 12 college chapters into ASME.
- SDC team went on to participate in the international competition as part of IMECE 2017 at Tampa, Florida.
Our objective by enrolling in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers is to provide our fellow students with a platform to acquaint themselves with the global engineering committee where they will indulge in collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines and thus promote the vital role of an engineer in the future of the society. We intend to promote and enhance the technical competency and professional well-being of our members, and through quality programs and activities in mechanical engineering, better enable its practitioners to contribute to the well-being of humankind. Further, to bring this chapter and its engineers to global recognition, we will devote our time in encouraging active participation by the members and succour them by creating a venue that enables them to apply their knowledge and talents.
As a student section of the ASME, we intend for the student members of FISAT to be exposed to a global scenario which enables them to innovate countless solutions to the real world challenges and hence benefit humankind by contributing in the enhancement of the quality of and safety in life.
List of colleges inducted into ASME
- Mangalam College of Engineering, Kottayam, Kerala, India
- MES Institute of Technology and Management, Kollam, Kerala
- SCMS School of Engineering and Technology, Ernakulam, Kerala
- College of Engineering, Adoor, Kerala
- Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology, Kerala
- Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering Technology, Ernakulam, Kerala
- Rajagiri School of Engineering & Technology, Ernakulam, Kerala
- VEMU Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- St. Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai, Kerala
- Muthoot Institute of Technology & Science, Kerala.
- Sree Narayana Institute of Technology, Pathanamthitta, Kerala
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology (VSSUT), Burla, Odisha.
- College Of Engineering, Munnar, Kerala.
- TKM college of Engineering, Kollam, Kerala.
- KLS Gogte Institute Of Technology, Belgaum, Karnataka.
- Model Engineering College, Kochi, Kerala.
- Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Ilahia College Of Engineering And Technology, Mulavoor, Kerala